Connected Hearts in Adaptation (CHATS)
Connected Hearts Adaptation Triad Support (CHATS) is a non-denominational organization that seeks to involve and serve all members of the adoption triad (i.e. adoptees, birthparents, and adoptive parents) as well as others interested in and impacted by adoption.
Our mission is to provide:
- a ministry of emotional support to all members;
- community outreach and awareness;
- broad-based education about adoption-related issues.
Currently we are seeing a need for special support/services for adopted teens and their birth parents and adoptive parents, so we will be focusing our programming in 2011 in this area, but everyone is welcome to attend and learn.
We meet the 4th Monday of on a quarterly basis from 7:15 - 9:15 p.m., usually in the WAPC library. Our meetings are free, although we request $1 to help defray costs. We have light refreshments and time for sharing our stories.
For more information:
Susan Durick: 908-561-9654 or JoAnn Hoppe 908-787-3865
For our calendar of events, please email email@example.com
- NJArch for calendar, on-line chats, etc.
- To avoid adoption scams, check new website: www.adoptionscams.net.
- Adoption-related courses are available online, some free of charge and some available with optional certificates of completion for a small fee ($30-45). Courses include: Lifebooks; Becoming Your Child’s Best Advocate; Adopting the Older Child, Understanding the Adoption Tax Credit; and Medical Issues in International Adoption. For information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emkpress tools and resources for adoptive families and the Professionals Who Help Them